What to do when things keep getting worse!
You may be going through a rough time on a personal level, with things happening continually. Meanwhile, as the new variant sweeps across the world, it is no surprise many of us are concerned. As restrictions are eased and we are able to breathe freely, Coronavirus cases are skyrocketing daily. This, as we begin to adapt to “post pandemic” circumstances. Going out into the world again has been somewhat daunting for many people. We have, however, begun to adapt again.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told a news briefing Tuesday that 77 countries have now reported cases of Omicron, and “the reality is that Omicron is probably in most countries, even if it hasn’t been detected yet.”
“Omicron is spreading at a rate we have not seen with any previous variant,” Tedros said.
So, how then do we cope with rapid change? We adapt and change!
If things keep getting worse, there are a few tools you can put to use to achieve ease & grace, despite it all!
- Think about what you can actually control. We cannot control people, places or things. All we can control are our own responses. Worrying will not change anything and it will certainly not be helpful to you.
- Breathe! When we breathe deeply and slowly, our inner chatter becomes quiet. We can stop to experience the moment. We can look around and see that we are safe. We can process things objectively.
- Focus on Solutions. What can you do to improve the situation? Focussing on solutions will bring you more solutions. It will also open you up to your source of inspiration. You will then find, you become resourceful!
- Work from the inside out. Considering what you can, indeed control, you have everything you need to create your external experience from the inside out.
- Use Your imagination! Anything you spend time imagining, can be yours!
- Surround yourself with what you love. It can be nature, music, art, movies, scents…
- Get creative! Being creative in our own way, promotes happiness. It creates a healthy distraction.
- Become the master of your mind. Whenever your inner critic goes wild, stop your mind and replace your thoughts with positive alternatives.
I hope that empowers you today!